Chaos Theory’s final event of 2018 is also the last monthly Facemelter event they’ll host. The Facemelter has been running almost every month since April 2010 and has discovered some true gems in underground music scenes in London, the UK and more recently, from around the world.
As the CT crew have become busier with some amazing touring bands and special events, The Facemelter will be back as a rare event to showcase the best new projects around.
To go out as they started, here are three fresh new bands who you could see develop into tomorrow’s festival headliners.
London-based project that incorporates post-metal and doom sounds with grunge and prog. Formed from the ashes of various psych metal acts, Meridian Sun are now ready to crush audiences with their unique blend of sprawling sounds that we all know and love.
Heavy experimentation from this Manchester-based project, sounding something like ISIS as a post-punk band. Based on the compositions of Sacha Zucchoni, with an ever-flowing lineup, their quirky time signatures and huge soaring sounds are immensely satisfying.
A haunting, introspective sound from this project from Reading. Making atmospheric music influenced by post-metal, black metal, doom and cinematic scores, their debut track Wilderness is a phenomenal triumph for a first record. We can’t wait to hear more from these people.
- There’s a small step into the building with an additional two steps up to the bar level
- The live music venue is on the first floor, up two flights of steps
- There is a railing on the right side of the stairs up until the top five steps, when it stops
- There are ample unisex toilets on both floors
- There is a small bar in the upstairs venue, limited to five different brands of canned beer, cider and soft drinks